Drink 96 ounces of water every day. That’s what Dr. Brooke Goldner, M.D., a best-selling author, the founder of VeganMedicalDoctor.com, GoodbyeLupus.com and creator of the Hyper-Nourishing Nutrition Protocol for Lupus Recovery, recommends. Our bodies are made up of up to 60% water, so we have to have it to survive and thrive. These are just some of the functions that water performs for us every day:
- Helps to maintain the balance of body fluids
- Is a vital nutrient to the life of every cell
- Keeps your skin looking and feeling healthy
- Helps to flush waste from your system
- Helps you to feel full so that you don’t feel the need to snack or drink sugary drinks all day.
The generally accepted recommendation is eight 8-ounce glasses a day, so at the very least drink that much. But Dr. Goldner likes to see 96 ounces to help heal your body and maintain optimum health. I have made this amount my goal, and I can vouch for the fact that I feel much better overall on the days that I meet it.